I came up with this lunch recipe idea containing simple Spanish foods which is full of great nutrition and flavor.
With this meal you will be getting a good source of protein from the black beans, a very healthy fat in the avocado, and vegetables from the salsa. The chips offer a nice texture with their crunch and are fully organic with bits of chia seeds, flax seeds, amaranth, quinoa and millet.
I’m all about finding good quality food for a good price. This is one of the most inexpensive meals you can find. I am someone who can eat lots of food and this meal surprisingly fills me up. The beans and guacamole are very filling leaving my stomach satisfied.
For those of us who are busy, stressed or overwhelmed, try out this fun and easy Mexican inspired meal to make at home! As with most of my meals, eat right away or save it for lunch at work or school.
- Black Beans
- Cheese (Made from milk of grass-fed cows)
- Organic Corn Chips
- Grate the cheese on top of the beans. I get my cheese from Costco, it is called “Dubliner” by Kerrygold. Check out why you need to be eating cheese made from milk of grass-fed cows here.
- Add salsa to the side of the beans. I use the “Organic Jacks Salsa” from Costco, which doesn’t have any added harmful chemicals such as sodium benzoate.
- Place the beans, cheese and salsa in the microwave to melt the cheese and warm the other ingredients.
- Mash an avocado to create guacamole and add to the plate. Add salt to the entire plate
- Grab a few handfuls of chips and crumble over the plate. I use the organic chips from Costco
Try adding shredded grilled chicken for an even heartier meal!
That’s it! Enjoy these quick nutrition tips that only take seconds to make!
Also, Check out this post for another fast and healthy meal idea.