I’m all about finding good-quality food for a good price. Not only is this meal super quick and easy, it’s also extremely cheap to make!
PLUS, you get a good source of protein from the black beans, some very healthy fats from the avocado, and a couple servings of veggies from the salsa!
And to top it all off, these (***hyperlink) non-GMO, Certified Organic corn chips add a nice crunch and also contain chia seeds, flax seeds, amaranth, quinoa, and millet (each having significant nutritional benefits of their own). Alright……. I know, I know… These chips probably sound like they’d taste like cardboard, right? WRONG! They’re actually super good and very similar in taste to a regular tortilla chip!
As someone who can eat A LOT of food (and I mean…. A LOOOOOT of food!), this meal surprisingly fills me up. The beans and guacamole are very filling and leave my stomach feeling satisfied.
For those of us who are busy, stressed, or overwhelmed, this meal offers a perfect alternative to greasy fast food or microwave dinners! As with most of my meals, you can eat it right away or save it for lunch at work or school.
- Black Beans
- Cheese (Made from the milk of grass-fed cows)
- Non-GMO, Organic Corn Chips
- Grate the cheese on top of the beans. I get my cheese from Costco, it is called, “Dubliner”, by Kerrygold. Check out why you need to be eating cheese made from milk of grass-fed cows here.
- Add salsa to the side of the beans. I use the “Organic Jacks Salsa” from Costco, which doesn’t have any added, harmful chemicals, such as sodium benzoate.
- Place the beans, cheese, and salsa in the microwave to melt the cheese and warm the other ingredients.
- Mash an avocado and add to the plate to create guacamole. Salt the entire plate generously.
- Grab a few handfuls of chips and crumble over the plate. I use the organic chips from Costco.
Optional: Try adding shredded, grilled chicken for an even heartier meal!
Aaaaand….. That’s it! I hope you enjoy this simple, nutrition lunch that takes only seconds to make!
Check out THIS POST for another fast and healthy meal idea.