I couldn’t figure out why scrambled eggs were such a popular food item. The dryness and funny taste turned me against them. Sometimes I could eat them with a side of bacon or sausage, but even then, I preferred to stay away.
After many months of experimenting, I have finally discovered how to make perfect creamy and soft scrambled eggs. By using the best ingredients, these eggs are super nutritious, easy-to-make, and taste amazing!
Learn what to look for when choosing which eggs to purchase and where to find the right type of butter when making eggs.
Also, learn the proper cooking techniques used in the process.
Below is a really good eggs recipe with step by step instructions for the best fluffy scrambled eggs. Enjoy!
- Purchase local, organic, cage-free eggs; they taste great and are so good for you. In fact, other types of eggs (the opposite of what I just described above) are actually really bad for you and it is wise to always stay away from these highly-processed eggs. These inorganic, farmed eggs you see on grocery store shelves can be sitting up there for 60+ days! Bleh!
- I don’t like to spend more money on food than necessary, but trust me, using the right type of eggs here is necessary!
Check out this article from Abel James, a renowned health and fitness expert, on why eating organic, cage-free eggs is definitely the right choice.
- Like many of you, I grew up thinking that butter was bad for me–which is actually true if you’re eating chemically-induced, highly-processed butter –however, if you eat butter made from the milk of grass-fed cows, you can pile it high and deep without even the slightest worry!
- Grass-fed butter makes such a HUGE difference in terms of health, nutrition, and taste, and is actually one of the healthiest fats for your body. So go ahead and heap it on anything and feel great about it! Seriously! Check out this page for more info about the incredible health benefits of grass-fed butter.
- I recently started seasoning my food with Atlantic Sea Salt from Sprouts Farmers Market and I love it. I don’t know what it is about this stuff, but it really enhances the taste of anything I put it on. I literally can’t use any other type of salt anymore because this salt is seriously SUCH a game changer.
Cooking Instructions for Eggs:
- Set your stovetop to less than medium heat and place the pan on the burner to start heating up. While the pan is heating up, crack your eggs into a bowl but do not stir them yet. (Feel free to adjust the heat based on how quickly your eggs are cooking–you don’t want the pan to be too hot).
- Once the pan is hot, spread a good amount of butter on the skillet covering the bottom and sides. Don’t let the butter brown by having the pan be too hot or leaving the butter on the pan too long.
- After spreading the butter around, immediately pour the bowl of eggs onto the pan and season liberally with salt.
- Stir the eggs in the pan with either a spatula or a fork until the eggs start to form and stick together.
- The key here is to not cook them for too long. I like my eggs done but not dry and overcooked. Take them off before you think they are done because they will continue to cook once off the stove.
- For more information on how to cook the perfect scrambled eggs, watch this short clip of “Top Chef” judge, Tom Colicchio, describe his method.
And……..that’s it, folks! Now you know how to cook gourmet scrambled eggs in the frying pan. For those on a diet or looking to cook healthy meals fast, these eggs are a go-to. I literally eat these almost every single day because they are such a quick, simple and nutritious meal. I also sometimes pair them with a side of 100% grass-fed polish sausage or nitrate-free bacon! Yum! (I will do another blog post on why eating clean, wild meat is so good for you).
Now go ahead and feast!